Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Creawelten 2.0. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Crealinchen

Anfänger

• »Crealinchen« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 23. Mai 2011

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 20. März 2018, 13:07

Willkommen in den Creawelten, greatminds

Hallo greatminds,
das Creawelten-Team heißt Dich im Forum herzlich willkommen.
Wir würden uns sehr darüber freuen, wenn Du Dich hier ein wenig vorstellen würdest.

greatminds

Anfänger

Registrierungsdatum: 19. März 2018

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 20. März 2018, 14:08

Let's see if I do this right! :)
Thank you for the welcome!
Dishcloths and double knitting are totally new to me so it's definitely something I'd like to get a handle on...especially after seeing a gorgeous bunny blanket on Ravelry made from I think just the dishcloth technique. It will be a slow start for me as I do get sidetracked with testing all the things annnnd I'm slowly getting together a parcel to send off for the kids affected by war in Syria through the AKWAK group on Rav. So it will be baby steps and it might take me awhile to find my feet in here with going back and forth between google translate..especially to make sure I'm using the right buttons!
So again, thanks for the welcome and the quick activation! :)

silke2world

strickt regelmäßig, häkelt selten

Registrierungsdatum: 15. November 2010

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 20. März 2018, 17:07

Welcome!

Please do not hesitate to come back and ask questions. If you want some advice: start with a standard dishcloth pattern. As the creawelten patterns usually call for 45 stitches plus border section of 2x3 sts. minimum you will get a quite big cloth. Chose a pattern with a cute little animal and children will be happy to have their own individual washcloth. My daughter learned to close her eyes and press the cloth to her face for rinsing the shampoo out of her hair when she was quite young. And she enjoyed her washcloths ever since. With the experience of one or two or three washcloths it will be a piece of cake for you to do a blanket.

At my daughter's elementary school they teach 18 children from refugee families. Teachers and children are doing a very good job. A class mate of my daughter is from Syria. She performed better than all German children in the last grammar test ;-) And she is a very nice person. It is very sad all those millions of Syrians had to leave their homes (and their families).

Wish you all the best for your AKWAK project!! :thx_zwo:
Viele Grüße
Silke
...die mit dem :sport005: kommt! und eine Schwäche, aber wenig Zeit für Crea hat

greatminds

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 21. März 2018, 14:16

Hi Silke! I'll take all the advice I can get. ;)

I'm just thinking about cotton I have at hand and wondering if a nylon content would be a problem? Also do you tend to use fingering or heavier weight? As you can tell I haven't opened a pattern up yet, guess I should!

I found out about the group too close to last year's container being sent so I'm determined to contribute this year. The ladies made an amazing amount last year in a short space of time so this year's tally can only be better. It was so sad to see the number of children just at the one orphanage where the items were delivered. It makes you stop and think just how fortunate we are having raised our own families in a stable environment.

You've given me an idea though talking about your daughter .... add a dishcloth in to the packages.
I have about 18 items to send so far, mainly softies, but something to hug and tell secrets to is important as well. Just wish I could make things at warp speed like some ladies can.

Thanks for the good wishes for the AKWAK items.
Tell me, is there a way to be alerted when someone replies to your posts?

greatminds

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 22. März 2018, 08:57

OK, wish me luck I'm going to try a Muh first! Couldn't wait seeing as I just finished a so so adorable softie today so I'm going to treat myself with trying something new right now..so it's sink or swim time! :wirr1
I'm going to share a link to the softie seeing as 1, I haven't worked out the process to make a private folder or if indeed I can share non Creawelten items..I think I can... and 2, because I want to share and be active but of course I don't have a finished cloth yet to share. So if it's wrong to link, please do feel free to remove it.
https://www.ravelry.com/projects/greatmi…mis-berry-mouse

silke2world

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 22. März 2018, 09:45

I'm just thinking about cotton I have at hand and wondering if a nylon content would be a problem?
I am using this yarn all the time and had no issues: https://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/be…handarbeitsgarn (5% nylon)
Also do you tend to use fingering or heavier weight?
I use what I have. And I am very creative to allocate different tasks to different sizes of dishcloth. For all types of yarn you should go down with needle size. My standard needle is a US 1½ - 2.5 mm.
It makes you stop and think just how fortunate we are having raised our own families in a stable environment.
Absolutely true!
add a dishcloth in to the packages
I think with a nice animal motive this might also be like a pet-substitute for minor children. And it is a quick project.
Tell me, is there a way to be alerted when someone replies to your posts?
You might review if this link shows the threads you posted in: http://www.creawelten.de/index.php?page=SubscriptionsList
I am not sure. It might depend on your settings...

Muh is very nice. Have fun!
Viele Grüße
Silke
...die mit dem :sport005: kommt! und eine Schwäche, aber wenig Zeit für Crea hat

greatminds

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 22. März 2018, 10:27

oh wonderful! Thanks for all the info, greatly appreciated. Definitely gives me a point to start from. :thumbsup:

Can't tell from the link you posted yet seeing as I'd already read your message but I'll try there first next time and see if anything is different.. ahhh it says subscription. Okay I'll need to have a look in my settings. So much to learn!

silke2world

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 22. März 2018, 11:04

Scroll down. On the bottom of the thread page is a button "Thema abonnieren". This means "watch thread" or "subscribe to thread".
Viele Grüße
Silke

silke2world

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 22. März 2018, 11:05

And on the top of every screen is a button "Abonnement". As soon as new postings are added a counter will appear in brackets.
Viele Grüße
Silke

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »silke2world« (23. März 2018, 10:15)

Gerti

GROSSE Moderatorin, Näheule und Strickfee

Registrierungsdatum: 24. Dezember 2010

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 22. März 2018, 21:43

Welcome and have fun with us. :thx_zwo:
Kreativ sein ist so schön! Gerti :strhal: :haba010:

Die Forenregeln stehen hier

Gertis creativen Werke

greatminds

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 24. März 2018, 13:33

Zitat

Scroll down. On the bottom of the thread page is a button "Thema
abonnieren". This means "watch thread" or "subscribe to thread".
"And on the top of every screen is a button "Abonnement". As soon as new postings are added a counter will appear in brackets."

Super, and done! :)) okay, not sure why I didn't get a box around the quote..will see if it appears when I post.

greatminds

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 24. März 2018, 13:37

LOL..oops..ok found the direct quote button..twice!!! :rot Thanks for the welcome Gerti! :hi:

Zurzeit ist neben Ihnen 1 Benutzer in diesem Thema unterwegs:

1 Besucher